Saturday, November 24, 2012

Botboleta #7 - Complete !

I had planned to work on the borboleta before addressing the leaves again. But, I decided, as interesting as they were, that the green was just a little too bright. So, I added light washes of Rose Madder Genuine to dull down the brightness slightly. Adding any complementary color will act to subdue its opposite on the color wheel. I also added some washes of yellow for warmth. I then added detail to the leaf on the right, incorporating the pink and yellow washes and adding a small bit of red to my green mixture. 

Next, it was time for the borboleta. I worked directly with the large orange areas first, then moving to the blacks, mixed with Burnt Sienna and Ultramarine Blue (never black from a tube). I lightly washed some beige into the white areas, and when all was dry added the small details....and my signature !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Browse other gifts from Zazzle.