Sunday, November 4, 2012

Developing Butterfly/Borboleta #6 - the Morpho

I've been developing the background for the Butterfly/Borboleta #6 painting - the Morpho. I'm including two photos to show you the process of this development. You can see in the second stage that I've added some blue to connect with the blue that will be in the wings of the Morpho and in both you can see the introduction of orange to act as a complement to heighten the impact of the blue in the Morpho's wings. The pale yellow you see in the Morpho's wings is masking fluid to preserve the whites. I used masking fluid to preserve the small white spots on the wings, so that I can paint the wings more freely. I always use masking fluid sparingly, and if possible, I avoid it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Browse other gifts from Zazzle.