Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Borboleta #11 - "Clearwing" (Episcada hymenaea) Complete !


Today marks the completion of my 11th butterfly in the series. I am fascinated with the transparency of the wings of this butterfly, and think I have successfully suggested the red of the plant behind the lower wing. I added some bue-gray washes in the mosaic portions of the wings to give a feeling of translucency of the wing, rather than a complete transparency. Once again my thanks to Hudson Garcia, www.hudsongarcia.com, without his amazing photography, I wouldn't have had the reference material for this painting.

I've also created my first Squidoo lens - Love Birds for Bird Lovers :
http://www.squidoo.com/love-birds-for-bird-lovers
I must say it was quite a creative process as well ! I've included numerous products, my own and those of other talented Zazzle artists, designers and photographers. Items include my "Love" stamp :


Perfect for all your Valentine greetings, with a matching greeting card, coffee mug and ornament !

So, now on to my final Borboleta in the series (at least for now). I'll be posting about my progress !

No comments:

Post a Comment


Browse other gifts from Zazzle.